- Obsessive Science Games
- Based in Leiden, the Netherlands
- Release date:
- April 5th 2018
- Regular price:
BadLands RoadTrip is a futuristic, physics based, first person action adventure where you build your own guns, fight well-meaning robots and explore a beautiful, green, open world. You can adjust every aspect of your gun, including all its parts, size and amount of barrels, along with many types of bullets, to create ballistic missile launchers, gatling guns, hunting rifles and everything in between. When you’ve finally decided on what to use, you can use your new found tools to put an end to all androids when you travel from town to town to unfold the mystery around the robot uprising.
In an idyllic, peaceful future, where robots take care of humans, society has collapsed since the machines loved their masters so much, they started hugging the people to death. You are one of the last known tinkerers with the skills to put a permanent system shutdown on the malevolent appliances and save the world from a tough love choking hazard.
First access to the full game is planned in late Q1 of 2018.
BadLands RoadTrip saw its inception as an idea in early 2015, but did not get into full production until January 2017. Because all the development time needed for its individual features was not affordable for a small indie developer, Obsessive Science Games, technically a 1 man company, first developed 3 other games to flex its muscles in network code, physics, self-building game objects and experimental story telling. Being able to re-use about 75% of the base code of the previous games, BadLands RoadTrip finally had all its features together. Production went into full swing and the game is now in active development.
- Build your own gun and save the BadLands from the robot apocalypse that happened just last week!
- Huge, lush, open world for you to explore, travel, terrorize and/or gawk at.
- First person, physics based combat, because we were born to throw rocks.
- Multiple types of ammunition, ranging from bullet-shape to shurikens to dice, because why would we stop at rocks?
- Follow an insane story detailing the history of the BadLands’s ultimate demise and meet crazy characters, like the monks of the Ohkidouki and the psychic queen.
- Feel alone? Bring your friends and subdue the BadLands together in multiplayer!
- Storytime Symphony returns to write an all new, vibrant soundtrack.
Streaming gameplay of BadLands RoadTrip is hereby explicitly and legally allowed.
If you are a Youtuber or other kind of streamer, we’d love for you to play our game for your audience. We’d appreciate it if you, but you’re not required to, send us a link to your video or stream playing BadLands RoadTrip, so we have the possibility to give you a shout-out on our social media.
Old, but nice alpha footage
About Obsessive Science Games
Obsessive Science Games is an independent game development company consisting of only the founder, Oswald de Bruin, working together with friends, family and freelancers to make his twisted, but happy fantasy a reality.
More information is available here.
Weekly updates available on our vlog: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzuKmB3eOLVvJVvyMoGLU4g
And you can also use this contact form.